Friday, May 7, 2010

Story act 1 - Ice in The Hot Weather

It was hot. Very hot. The light shoot at my eyes, unwillingly, I left my bed to draw the curtain. Heat... I could not stand the heat. It made my head dizzy. It draw people into bad mood. That's why I don't like heat. After simple clean up myself, I took some money, went out from this oven.

"Girl, your kiwi ice."

The kind old man that sold the ice and candy handed this precious thing to me with that warn smile. I had knew him since I was a child. He was an old man who like to tell story that sound like advice. The Lazy Cat, The Black Bunny, The Dog who chase The Wind... kids love his story, same as me. Kid won't realise that this kind old man used to be the soldiers who stained his hands with blood during the war.

" If the way to protect my beloved person is to sacrifice others, I will do so."

I was 15 when he told me this. That time I don't know why he said that. I wondered why people doing that? In order to protect someone, we have to destroy others happiness? After went through that incident, I realise the reason: Selfishness. What is Evil and Good? They just separated by a thin line. Everyone just the same.

I wonder why I recall many things. Is it the heat that open the lock of my memory? Or this kiwi ice?The memory of father's holding me with one of his strong arm while the other hand holding the kiwi ice, mother wipe away the sweat of my faces with the favourite bunny handkerchief and I was licking the kiwi ice, they flashing in my mind. I somehow able to see the scene reflected at the maze. Is it the heat? Anyway, I just like this cold, sweet and sour feeling.

As I was enjoying this kiwi ice, I did not realise that a storm will change my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment